Thursday 5 April 2012

Revlon's Bare Bones

Morning Loves!

Today I have a swatch of Revlon's Colorstay in Bare Bones. When my family went away this was another gem they picked up for me. Recently I've been getting more into nude or 'neutral' polishes. They can look really classy and lengthen your nails, you just need to find one that works with your skin tone.

revlon-bare-bones


This one isn't too bad against my skin. It's a little cooler than my skintone so there is a little contrast. I hate when it looks like my nails have disappeared into my skin. Not an attractive look lol.

This polish was nice and opaque in 2 coats, it was a little streaky in the first coat, but evened out nicely on the second. This is a true beige colour. There aren't any pink undertones hiding in there which I really enjoy.

revlon-bare-bones

revlon-bare-bones

I didn't realize how sausage like my fingers look in the above picture until I uploaded it... hmmm. Oh well.
These swatches are without a top coat, so it really is nice and shiny!

revlon-bare-bones

revlon-bare-bones

The size of these polishes is only 0.4oz, so a little smaller than traditional Revlons. I only wore this for about a day so there was no tip wear or chipping for me. I have heard that the Colourstay polishes do last for a little longer than normal, if you know let me know!

What do you think of nude polishes? Do you have a favourite?

Sincerely Stephanie

16 comments:

  1. It's a lovely nude colour :) really loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! it's nice I like it because it is so stylish and cute *-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nude! I think nudes are so classy. Also, your fingers definitely don't look like sausages! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! I'm really on a nude kick lately! They look so pretty and classy as you said :)

      Delete
  4. It's a lovely colour, is it anything like Revlon Smoky Canvas do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty similar, I think that Smoky Canvas has a deeper taupe colouring to it than Bare Bones. I think this is actually closer to OPI's Skull and Glossbones just not quite as gray as S&G.

      Delete
  5. I'm not really into nudes by themselves-but it would make a nice base with some darker stamping on it perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it as a base for a bright splatter mani here http://sincerelystephaniee.blogspot.ca/2012/03/cocktail-brights-splatter.html
      I only lasted about 12 hours with just the nude lol

      It would be cool with some dark stamping I think! You could probably come up with something epic for it. I love your stamping :)

      Delete
  6. I really like this nude color. It looks very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie. Sorry I'm commenting anonymously, I just don't feel like creating an account to make a quick comment. Anyway I just got this polish today and while I think it looks great on your nails, it looks disgusting on mine. It just totally clashes with my skintone. Too bad because I thought it was such a pretty color in the bottle.

    Miss Foxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww I'm sorry to hear that! Nude's are tricky and finding one that looks great against your skin tone can take some time! I'm sure you will find one that looks awesome!

      Delete
  8. This is an amazing looking polish, and it now adorns my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! :) I'm not sorry at all that I'm enabling you :)

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...