Sunday 10 June 2012

Seedy Stripes

Today I've got some interesting nail art to show you! I am loving the combination of teal, gray, white and black lately and went in that direction when I sat down to do these nails. 


barielle-do-unto-others-u-concrete-me-black-caviar


I started out with 2 coats of Barielle Do Unto Others from the 2011 Spring/Summer Karma Collection. This is a gorgeous turquoise creme that I am head over heels for. Then I took Barielle U-Concrete-Me from the 2009 All Lacquered Up collection and with the polish brush went over Do Unto Others on half of my nail with either a straight line or a diagonal line alternating top and bottom. I wasn't too particular about being exact because I knew I would be going over it later. I then added a coat of NYC In a Minute top coat. 


barielle-do-unto-others-u-concrete-me-black-caviar

barielle-do-unto-others-u-concrete-me-black-caviar


I then took Sally Hansen White On and created a line between the gray and turquoise. Doing this one nail at a time while it was still wet I sprinkled black microbeads over my nails and then pushed them into the polish with an orange stick. I didn't top coat these because I wanted the caviar look in the stripes. 


barielle-do-unto-others-u-concrete-me-black-caviar

barielle-do-unto-others-u-concrete-me-black-caviar


I actually loved wearing these! I wore them with a teal top, black jeans and white flats with some silver earrings. Very matchy, matchy I know, but I got a lot of compliments on the outfit and the nails! I would have taken a picture of the outfit, but living alone that's hard to do lol. 


I picked up these Barielles at Winners in a pack of 5 for $6.99!! On two of the bottles there were chips out of the bottom, but that doesn't affect the polish now does it? I'm really glad I found these because I love both these colours, especially Do Unto Others. 


What do you think of my seedy striped look? Would you wear something like this? 


I hope you're all having a great Sunday! Thanks for stopping by! :D 

10 comments:

  1. When I read the title, I was expecting birdseed. Lol. Very cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! very creative take on the caviar mani! How long did the beads last on your nails? I'm always afraid that this would take me longer to do than it would last on my nails, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeautyScraps! I wore it for just over 24 hours, it's usually how long all my manis last. It actually takes hardly any time at all! Just apply the wet polish, sprinkle the beads over the wet area and then push the beads into the polish. Then you need to wait about 10-15 minutes for them to dry into the polish before moving around. :) I hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. I love the colors together and adding the microbeads is so fun. I don't think I could pull this off because I would probably be picking the beads off all day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! lol! I always keep running my nails over my cheek or lips to feel the beads when I wear them. But alas I only wear it for about a day lol

      Delete
  4. Rockin! How long did the beads manage to stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glowstars! I wore it for about a day, it's generally how long my manis last because I like to change it up so much :)

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...