Friday 30 November 2012

China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil Worlds Away: Swatches

Morning lovely ladies and gents!

Today I have 6 of the polishes from the China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil Worlds Away Collection to share with you. Promo pictures of this collection first started popping up in the summer and it has been highly anticipated ever since! I am thrilled to have these on/in my hands!

Let's start with the cremes and make our way to the glitters!

china glaze hanging in the balance


First up we have Hanging in the Balance. This is a stunning shade of blue. It is a true cerulean. Unfortunately this is a bish to photograph. I tried this in a bunch of different lights and this is as close as I can get to real life, but it is still a little off. There is touch of green in the base that my camera refused to pick up. Regardless if you love blues, then you need this in your life. It's beautiful. Although this is a stainer, so double up on base coat. Two easy coats.

china glaze hanging in the balance
china glaze igniting love


Next is Igniting Love. I was surprised by how much I actually liked this one. It's a tomato red with some pink undertones. This is as close to a neon as a red will ever get. The forumla on this was the best of the cremes, two easy coats.

china glaze igniting love
china glaze def defying


Def Defying is one of my favourites in the collection. This is a perfect chartreuse. I have seen this be described as a bright lime green, but in my opinion it is perfectly chartreuse, and it's beautiful. The forumla on this was a little gloopy for me, but it evened itself out in two coats. You might need to be a little patient with this one.

china glaze def defying


Now let's take a look at those glittahs.

china glaze water you waiting for


Water You Waiting For I can't not think of Water For Elephants when I say the name of this polish lol. This is beautiful. It's a deep teal blue jelly with micro blue glitter with hints of green and purple. The sparkle is out of this world. I just love it! This is two thicker coats, but if you apply thin coats you will need three for opacity. This is extremely close to Nicole by OPI Kendall on the Katwalk, KOTK is missing the purple glitter, but the two are close enough that you probably don't need both.

china glaze water you waiting for
china glaze get carried away


Get Carried Away was probably the polish I was most looking forward too and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. There is more glitter than base in the polish, which is problematic with the large glitters and the bars. There is no way to apply this other than to dab it on. It is a black jelly base with black and silver microglitter along with black bars, and silver and red large hexes. I've shown it over Igniting Love and Def Defying. I love the idea of this, but the formula falls a little short for me. I have seen this layered over purple and it also looks great over that.

china glaze get carried away
china glaze get it's a trap-eze


Finally we have the absolute standout from the collection, It's a Trap-eze!! This is a light lavender jelly just PACKED with multi coloured glitter. This is your absolute perfect jelly sammich in a bottle. Think Essie Marshmallow and Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday's baby. Again the formula on this isn't magnificent. There is more glitter than base, but in this case this isn't too problematic. Since the glitters are smaller they sit will on the nail and don't drag too much. I did one regular coat and a second dabbing coat to get full coverage. Depending on how you apply this you may need three coats.

china glaze get it's a trap-eze
Phew this is a long post! But I really love this collection. I'm really happy to see such a mainstream brand attempt indie glitters like this. They are really listening to what the people want, which is awesome to see!

If you can only get a few from the collection I would suggest getting your hands on It's a Trap-eze! and Def Defying. They are standouts to me! Which ones are you lemming after?

The official release date is December 1st (tomorrow!), but I have seen these out at Sally's already! See the full press release here.

Have a wonderful Friday loves!

Products in this post provided for my honest review

6 comments:

  1. Your swatches are great! I like water you waiting for a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection really is AWESOME! When I started reading the post I thought about how AWESOME Hanging in the Balance looks on you! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great on you. I was so happy with this collection's cremes!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...