Friday 2 November 2012

Tip Top Nails Swatches and Review

Today I've got some awesome polishes from a new to me brand Tip Top Nails from South Africa! Joan was kind enough to contact me and introduce me to her wonderful brand and then send me some gorgeous samples!

Before we jump in here is a little background on Tip Top Nails. They are a cruelty free brand based in South Africa with a huge line of polish. They are enriched with vitamin E designed to naturally nourish your nails while you wear them and they are the big 4-FREE! Tip Top Nails has been available to professionals for quite some time, and is now available to all consumers. All nail enamels created by Tip Top Nails are vegan, which is amazing and allows many girls to wear polish that might not for those reasons. So now that you know a little more about the brand I'll jump into the swatches!

tip top nails crushed grape


First up we have Crushed Grapes. This is a dusty purple creme that applys like butter in two coats. If you were in a rush you could totally get away with one coat here, but I did two for good measure. I actually don't have a purple in my ever growing stash that is this colour. It's pretty and a nice colour for this time of the year!

tip top nails crushed grape
tip top nails get reddy


Next up is Get Reddy. This was my least favourite of the bunch, but I think it's because this shade has been done a few times this year. I'm thinking specifically of OPI I'm All Ears, but there might be others that are similar. It is a blue based red with a pink shimmer. It goes on a little brushstroky, but they fade as the polish dries. This is two coats.

tip top nails get reddy
tip top nails space cadet


We've got Space Cadet next, which is a beauty in my opinion. it's a deep navy blue jelly that reaches full opacity in 2 coats, with cerulean blue glitters throughout. It completely reminds me of a galaxy and little stars speckled everywhere.

tip top nails space cadet
tip top nails pink lady


Last up is Pink Lady. This is your perfect barbie pink. The pink lady is barbie. This had the same creme formula as Crushed Grapes. Like butter people. I felt like a little girl again wearing this pink and totally would have pulled out my Barbies and played with them if I could find them, wasn't 22.

tip top nails pink lady


This brand was really easy to fall in love with. The brush is similar to that of OPI's wide brush and fit my nails really nicely. I love that they are vegan and enriched with vitamin E. Joan also sent me a base coat which I have switched to using for awhile. I will update you if I notice any differences in using her base coat!

For more information please visit Tip Top Nail on Facebook and Follow them on twitter! If you would like to order Tip Top Nail products you can email Joan directly at info@tiptopnails.co.za :)

Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer or PR company for my honest review. 

6 comments:

  1. Honestly? These look nice, I do not support this nail polish maker. Tip Top Nail is posting nail art on her page without linking to the bloggers ;( I have seen several pictures what I recognised, and water marks were cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tip Top ♥ I own most of the colours, really awesome brand !

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...