Monday 7 January 2013

China Glaze Tranzitions Colour Changing Collection

Evening folks!

Tonight I have a review of some of the new China Glaze Tranzitions Colour Changing Collection. The idea behind this collection is that the colour of the polish will change once you add top coat so you can create a number of very cool manicures with just polish and top coat! All the polishes I received to review were essentially one coaters and I'll get into the colour change with each polish. For all polishes the first picture is the polish alone and the second is the ring nail with top coat and some nail art on the rest. Let's jump on in!

China Glaze Altered Reality


China Glaze Altered Reality is a teal metallic polish that is supposed to shift to turquoise once you add topcoat. This is one coat of the polish alone. The colour is really pretty and since it's a one coater this will be awesome for stamping. I don't love the colour shift on this one. There really isn't much of one. I had to photograph my nails at an odd angle to even get the polka dots to show up!

China Glaze Altered Reality
China Glaze Modify Me


Next up is China Glaze Modify Me which is described as a periwinkle blue that shifts to indigo blue. This is really opaque and is only one coat. It looks a little streaky here, but in real life it's opaque, probably great for stamping. I do not like the colour shift here. On the full nail it is streaky and the top coat lifts the polish even when it is completely dry.

China Glaze Modify Me
China Glaze Shape Shifter


Last up we have China Glaze Shape Shifter. Now this one I like. It is a smokey violet colour, which is perfect in just one coat. The colour shift here is subtle, on my striped nails, but on the full nail with top coat I love the purple shift. I'm going to use this for stamping soon I'm sure. Love it.

China Glaze Shape Shifter


Overall I am ok on this collection. I think this is a really cool concept and I love seeing China Glaze continuing to push the boundaries. However the colour shifts aren't great on the metallic shades and the pastel ones are streaky. I think these will work great for stamping however and look forward to trying them out!

What do you think of this collection? Have you picked up any?

Products in this post provided for my honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...