Tuesday 7 May 2013

New Polishes from Hard Candy Swatches and Review

Hey Friends!

You would all not believe the drama that has unfolded over the past week in my life. I went to pick up the keys to my new apartment on the 1st and it turned into one of the most stressful days of my life. I was supposed to be subletting a furnished apartment, pet free and primarily other girls living there. Once I showed up, nothing was furnished, the other tenants were all guys and they had a big dog. Needless to say there was some stress going on. I ended up having to back out of the agreement and then spent the afternoon finding a new place to live! Luckily I was able to find a great place, but the room wasn't furnished. So I was running around like a madwoman (as fast as a madwoman can run on crutches lol) trying to find a bed and all that jazz. Thankfully I have an awesome mom who helped me out huge, but it was just the craziest few days! I'm all moved in now, but have been given orders by the doctor to just rest for a week and try to de stress.

I've had bare nails now for over a week while all of this has been unfolding and while I was looking through my folders I found all these Hard Candy swatches that I meant to post forever and a day ago!! Let's get started. All swatches have one coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat.

Hard Candy Little Bo Pink
Hard Candy Little Bo Pink
Hard Candy Little Bo Pink

Hard Candy Little Bo Pink this is a wonderful vibrant pink glassfleck. Totally perfect for summer and will be making an appearance on my toes at some point! This is 3 coats. It was opaque after 2, but I could still see some VNL so decided to add a 3rd.

Hard Candy Pinch of Spice
Hard Candy Pinch of Spice
Hard Candy Pinch of Spice

Hard Candy Pinch of Spice this is another awesome summer colour! An orange glassfleck with some yellow shimmer makes this so fun. I think this will look especially nice on people with a darker skin tone. This was 3 coats as well, it has the same formula as Little Bo Pink

Hard Candy Crush On Amethyst
Hard Candy Crush On Amethyst
Hard Candy Crush On Amethyst

Hard Candy Crush On Amethyst is a violet foil that was almost a one coater. I did two for good measure. It looks slightly darker in real life than my pictures show here. In the bottle I thought it looked really silvery, but once it was on the nail the purple really came out and was just beautiful.

Hard Candy Crush On Copper
Hard Candy Crush On Copper
Hard Candy Crush On Copper

Hard Candy Crush On Copper is a copper foil with some glimmers to gold throughout the polish. This was again almost opaque after one coat, and could be if you do thicker coats.

Hard Candy Pixie Pink
Hard Candy Pixie Pink
Hard Candy Pixie Pink

Hard Candy Pixie Pink is a lavender purple with copper, teal and white glitter throughout. I think it's a really unique glitter combination! It went on really patchy for the first coat, so I was expecting this to need at least 3, but one the second coat it completely levelled out and was perfect!

Hard Candy Pink Taffy
Hard Candy Pink Taffy
Hard Candy Pink Taffy

Hard Candy Pink Taffy is another really unique glitter combination. It has a bright pink base with red, black and white glitters. Awesome! The same formula as Pixie Pink.

Hard Candy Masquerade
Hard Candy Masquerade
Hard Candy Masquerade

Hard Candy Masquerade over Revlon Bare Bones. This is one coat, and could easily be built to full opacity on its own, but I wanted to see what it looked like layered. This dries to a matte, gritty finish so if you want it shiny you may need two coats of top coat to smooth everything out.

Hard Candy So So Sequin
Hard Candy So So Sequin
Hard Candy So So Sequin

Hard Candy So So Sequin over Deborah Lippmann Shape of My Heart. BLLIINNNNGGGGG! I am in love with this one. It is soo sparkly in real life it's insanity. This could be built up as well to full opacity, but I'm digging the layered look too.

Hard Candy Party Central
Hard Candy Party Central
Hard Candy Party Central

Hard Candy Party Central over Wet n Wild I Need a Refresh-Mint. This is an awesome glitter mix. I love the big pieces of white glitter and I think this is going to be super popular and look amazing over a number of shades. One coat and a little dabbing to fill the bare areas.

Hard Candy Mermaid Magic
Hard Candy Mermaid Magic
Hard Candy Mermaid Magic

Hard Candy Mermaid Magic over Wet n Wild On a Trip. This is another beautiful glitter. The purple medium sized glitters intermixed with the teal micro glitter is quite pretty. This could be built up to full opacity as well, but this ia one coat.

Overall I am super pleased with these Hard Candy shades! Totally in love with the variety in the collections and the uniqueness of the polishes. These will be making more appearances on my blog over the course of the summer I'm sure!

I haven't been able to get to a Wal-Mart near me to see if they have these yet, but I hope that once I can walk again they do! I would love to be able to add some more Hard Candy to my collection. Anyone want to send me some :P Seriously these are awesome and if you haven't already you should pick some up!

Are any of these calling your name? Hope you're having a great Tuesday :)

4 comments:

  1. I already raced out to get the entire Candy Sprinkles Collection, but your swatches make me really want the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them look interesting, my favourite is Hard Candy Crush On Amethyst :-)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...