Monday 16 January 2012

Matte Glitter

Hey All!

So for my last mani that I did I went a little glitter crazy. The last few that I've done have been more nail art instead of just a polish and I thought it was time to do something a little simpler. 

However, even though it is simpler I still ended up using 3 different polishes and my new matte top coat! 

This is what my matte glitter creation looked like 

And this picture certainly does not do it justice. No matter what lighting or hand position I tried I just could not capture the pure brilliance this manicure had. 

The polishes I used for this mani were, OPI's Never Enough Shoes, Wet n Wild's Hallucination, Sally Girls Silver Hex glitter (no name) and Essie's Matte About You.

never enough shoes, hallucination, silver hex glitter, matte about you
As always to start prep your nails with your favourite base coat! For this mani I used Orly's Liquid Nail Wrap and Ridgefiller. 

Then went on to do just one coat of Never Enough Shoes. 

After I took Hallucination and using only the brush dabbed the holo glitter on in a gradient concentrating most of the glitter on the tips of my nails. 



Honestly I loved just the clear jelly holo over the black and really wanted to stop there, but kept myself going. So just because I loved it so much here are a few more pics :)


From this angle you can really see all the variations of colour in this holo that make it really beautiful. 


Once I had convinced myself that I was moving forward with this, I took the unnamed silver hex glitter and just brushed it onto the tips of my nails. What I was going for was that the tips would be incredibly sparkly so it had a gradient feel. 




Again ridiculously tempted to stop here, but I am SO GLAD I didn't and kept going. Once I added the matte topcoat the entire look changed and I was head over heels in love with this look!



I think the above picture really shows how gorgeous this look is. My boyfriend was there while I was doing this and I kept showing him in between all the layers as I let them dry and even he was astounded at how good the matte looked! Also my mom, who hates any and all dark looking  nails, as she says they are goth, complimented me on how great this looked. 

For my first time using a matte topcoat with glitter I have to say I am IN LOVE! I'm already thinking of other glitters I can put together and then matteify! Also I wore this for three whole days. Which is a crazy long time in my world. 

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...