Tuesday 31 July 2012

Olympic Fever

Good Morning loves! Who else has Olympic Fever? I absolutely love the Olympics and everything that comes with it. I will watch absolutely any sport, as I just love seeing the passion that these athletes have. I watched women's weightlifting and loved it. So I obviously needed to create some Olympic themed nails! I have seen some amazing Olympic manicures done by some insanely talented ladies and was looking for a way to make it a little original. I googled London 2012 Olympic symbols to look for some inspiration and this is what I came up with!

olympic nail art

I think because of my Olympic fever I had a hard time narrowing down the pictures, so I didn't. To see more of this and my inspiration image, check out more after the jump!

 
These nails were inspired by this image I found through google search,

From: http://hoogensports.com/london-2012-olympic-countdown-begins-the-full-guide-on-how-to-be-there-with-thanks-to-the-london-times/

I really liked the various representations of London 2012 Olympics so I decided to create a version of some of these symbols on my nails.

olympic nail art
olympic nail art

Using the numbers on the picture for a guideline, my thumb was based on 4, my index on 5, my middle on 1 and my pinky on 7. My ring nail is the Union Jack.

olympic nail art
olympic nail art
olympic nail art
olympic nail art


I used Sally Hansen White On for the base of all my nails except my ring finger for the Union Jack which I used Essence Walk on Air. Then for all the detail work I used It's So Easy Stripe Rite Stripers in White, Black, Red, Green and Blue. I used Ardene Chic-kita for the yellow ring on my thumb.

olympic nail art
olympic nail art


I am still wearing these as I write this! Aaaaand I'm watching the Olympics, what a shocker. I truly do love the games and have thoroughly enjoyed wearing this manicure.

Have you done any Olympic themed nails yet? Are you planning on doing any? What is your favourite sport to watch during the Olympics?!

I hope you are all having a great Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by! <3

22 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Definitely unique from the other Olympics manis I've seem! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...ok now thats awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. It is the most unique Olympic manicure I have seen as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate your talent BUT I am watching the Olympics right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Well just don't hate meee?! :D Wooo Olympics!

      Delete
  5. This is Gorg!!! I ♥ the Olympics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these are gorgeous, Steph!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome!!! :D I was watching the mens tennis Can vs France today :D.
    Gorgeous mani!!
    (I just picked up White On today! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! White On is an awesome base for nail art! I love it!

      Delete
  9. These are so cute! I love the thumb and the pointer finger. I tried to do some Olympic nails as well which I've been having fun with. BTW, I'm here via Canadian Lacquer Lovers and I have met ONE other geomatic engineer in my life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool! There are very few of us :) Olympic nails are so much fun to be able to show support for all the amazing athletes!

      Delete
  10. Those look amazing especially the British flag! So very talented

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...