Tuesday 3 July 2012

Let's Make a Jelly Sandwich

It's the second installment of Polish Days! This time we will all be posting delicious jelly sandwiches! My jelly sandwich is inspired by the lovely Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. Awhile back she posted an awesome jelly sandwich using Sally Hansen's Glass Slipper, a white flakie, and then layered Revlons Royal over that. I did something similar, but with purple! 


sally-hansen-glass-slipper-opi-houston-we-have-a-purple-jelly-sandwich


I started off with a base of Wet n Wild Black Creme and then added a generous coat of Sally Hansens Glass Slipper. This is a gorgeous white flakie in a clear base. Once this had dried I added one coat of OPI's Houston We Have a Purple from the Texas Collection, a deep magenta purple jelly. 


sally-hansen-glass-slipper-opi-houston-we-have-a-purple-jelly-sandwich


sally-hansen-glass-slipper-opi-houston-we-have-a-purple-jelly-sandwich


I really like this kind of jelly sandwich! The flakies are awesome and it looks like it is almost purple flakies instead of a jelly sandwich. The combination with purple and black gives it a bit of a vampy edge that I'm really feeling! 


sally-hansen-glass-slipper-opi-houston-we-have-a-purple-jelly-sandwich


sally-hansen-glass-slipper-opi-houston-we-have-a-purple-jelly-sandwich


What do you think of this jelly sandwich? If you don't already know it jellies hold a special place in my heart. They are just super squishy goodness and well I just love em. :) 


What do you think about jelly sandwiches? Are you a fan? Do you like this one or prefer when they have glitter instead of flakies? 


Make sure you stop by the rest of the ladies participating in #SandwichPD!! 





15 comments:

  1. This is stunning Stephanie!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's not as traditional, but I really like it!

      Delete
  3. nice sammy!!! i'm adoring glass slipper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaela! Me too! I've used it quite a bit since I first got it!

      Delete
  4. I like 'em with flakies or glitter. Yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Houston We Have A Purple and almost would have done my sandwich with it as well ;) Love your black and purple combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Great minds think alike ;) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Lovely, and my mum's favourite ;)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...