Wednesday 21 December 2011

Snowflakes!!

Time for another christmas nail post! 


My sister came home from school for the holidays and I painted her nails in a fun snowflake design for the holidays! 
snowflake nails!
In order to get this manicure I used Essie's Mint Candy Apple, a white striper and Wet and Wild's Hallucinate glitter. 
Polish Used
First give yourself a nice base coat to ensure a smooth nail before you apply any polish. I used Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Diamond Shine. 


Then paint your all of your nails Mint Candy Apple. Any blue colour can be used for the base of the snowflake, but I like the mint as it gives the nail a very wintery feel. Also Mint is going to be one of the hottest colours of 2012! 


Once that is dry you can get creative with your striper in creating snowflakes. Make either 6 or 8 sided stars on your nail by making straight lines with the striper. You can place the snowflakes anywhere on your nail, I like putting them in different spots. 
snowflake positions
Once the snowflakes are in place you can make dots on the ends of the lines in order to complete the snowflake. If you have a dotting tool then you can use that, but if not there are a variety of tools that you can use instead. For this manicure I used a bobby pin to create the dots. Just dip the bobby pin in the white nail polish and place dots at the end of the lines. Also place dots anywhere else on the nail to look like little drops of snow. 

Then add one coat of glitter polish to give it a little sparkle, a top coat once that dries and you are done! 
snowflake! 
The nails look really cute and are great for the winter! 

Until next time,

Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...