Tuesday 4 December 2012

The Cutest Santas Ever

Oh. Em. Gee. I love these nails. I wore them for 3 days and have been gushing over them ever since they were finished. Ok, I'm calm. Let me show you my super cute Santas!

santa nail art


How adorable are these?! I was sketching out a bunch of Santa's and once I came up with these I put them on my nails immediately. I started out with 2 coats of Milani White On The Spot. Then I created a little crescent moon in Barielle Skinny Dip right near my cuticle. Then I create a rounded triangle tip in Sally Hansen Rapid Red and filled that in.

santa nail art
santa nail art


I added the nose in Rapid Red by doing one big dot then two smaller dots on either side then going back with a striping brush to connect the outside of the dots and fill in what was left! I did black dots with a black creme for the eyes then added a white dot and did a small line in white for his eyebrows. His pink chubby cheeks were created with my largest dotting tool and by mixing the teeniest drop of Rapid Red in with Skinny Dip. I did his smile with a striping brush in black and then added his belt and the buckle in Sally Hansen Celeb City.

santa nail art


Gah these are too cute for words to me. I'm going to haul out my parents video camera and make a tutorial for these. Even though that was a crazy long explanation, they are actually super easy to create! I did them on both hands and they looked essentially identical. Awesome!

santa nail art


Well what do you think of my supa cute santas? My friends said they reminded them of those Russian nesting dolls because my nails are different sizes!

I'm so in the Christmas spirit right now. My house is pretty much completely decorated and I would listen to Christmas music alllll day long if I could, oh wait, I do! haha!

EDIT: I have created the video tutorial! It can be found HERE! :D If you create these please share them with me on Facebook or Twitter!

Are you in the Christmas Spirit?

EDIT: Voting is still open in Nail Polish Canada's nail art contest! If you like my Christmas Wrapping Paper nails I would really appreciate a vote! :D You can vote here!

38 comments:

  1. Too cute! I'm loving your Christmas nails so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, YES! These are definitely the CUTEST Santas I have seen! I've been wanting to do Santa nails, but something a little different than what we see over and over...and these are just that! Amazing job Steph!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I wanted to do something different too! I'm glad you like them! <3

      Delete
  3. The are gorgeous!! I'm going to have to replicate them IMMEDIATELY!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Please share them with me when you do! I would love to see :)

      Delete
  4. This is truly adorable! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure the cutest Santa's ever! I'm not even going to try to attempt Santa nails now lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG these santas are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO SO cute! Great job and thanks for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! these guys are so cute! I think they are my fav nail art Santa's ever! I just found your blog through another nail freak lady...so really look forward to following and learning from you! I wish I was more in the holiday spirit - I am in the middle of a new treatment for two blood lines of cancer I have. I already did a war 2X with breast cancer. I am told what I have not is luck of the draw and not related at all to the old BC. Still enough already. So Christmas decos are going to be limited this yr to just a table top tree for me at home. I have to stay out of my area by about 550 miles to get treatment and see docs. Right now I am not up to going into shopping. I am too tired. The hospital that I get care with has a lot of stuff going on for patients however that is good. I can take yoga and there are a lot of things this time of year that big sponsors of the hospital do to help bring in holiday spirit. One has a lot of connections to the movies. We were bought a private screening of the new James Bond movie and also Lincoln too. No need to have to sit in a germ filled movie theater or get there even. We got to see them both in a little screening theater here on the campus which was super. We had patients who don't even feel up to getting dressed and have to bring their IVs with them. I am doing better than many and I get dressed and stay in a little studio with my own kitchen right now. I should be home next week than I come back for the week before Christmas. So right now my holiday decorating is on my fingers and toes! I get a lot of comments on them. I don't think I can do these Santas justice with my skill set but I will sure be giving them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much beachgal. I am so sorry to hear you are going through that. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you get better soon! <3
      That is awesome that you're still keeping up with decorating your nails. If you try these I would love to see them :)

      Delete
  9. All kind of YES...these are SO ADORABLE, Steph!! Way to knock one outta the park!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely adorable! Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are awesome! They are really cute and you did such a great job painting them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness these are too cute! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree these are the cutest santas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really, really cuuuuuteeee! :-) Amazing work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are sincerely one of the cutest nail designs I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I <3 these! I will be doing these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done! So cute! I would love to see a video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellie! I actually did a video tutorial but forgot to update this post! I will update it now :)

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...