Monday 11 February 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Love: Dancing The Night Away

Welcome back to the second installment of The Digit-al Dozen here on Sincerely Stephanie! This week we will be doing Love and Heartbreak in honour of Valentine's Day this week. I will have mostly love themed manicures, because well I am madly in love with my fabulous boyfriend, but I did manage to come up with one heart break themed one! Here is my day 1!

valentines day nail art


I was inspired to do these when I found this really cute picture on Google Images after doing a search for Valentines Day. Creative I know. I loved the couples silhouette dancing against the red background and the hearts coming out from them.

valentines day nail art
valentines day nail art


I used Girly Bits Rouge as my base because it is red, glittery and oh so sparkly. Then I freehanded on the couple with black creme and my itty bitty nail art brush. They didn't come out quite as precise as I wanted, but I still like the idea. Then I took Color Club Harp On It and a small brush and drew on some holo hearts :)

valentines day nail art
valentines day nail art


I entered these nails in Harlow & Co.'s Valentine's Day nail art contest! If you like them I would really appreciate a vote! Or just go here and vote for whoever's you like best :)

This week is really cute and I'm really excited to see what the other girls come up with. Make sure to check them out using the inLinkz collection below!

14 comments:

  1. Kiiiinda really loving the glittery base on these! Such a cute mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the red base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the base too, so pretty! And I also use Google Images for inspiration hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best place to find inspiration I think! Thanks Ash!

      Delete
  4. Just wondering, do you always use nail polish, or do you use acrylic paint as well? And what is your best method of removing glitter polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nailartifying!
      I tend to always use polish. I have done minimal experimenting in acrylic paint, but have just always preferred the consistency of polish. The best method for me is taking 10 minutes before hand and applying pva glue as a base coat. The other thing would be the foil removal when I completely blank on that! I hope that helps :)

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...