Thursday 23 February 2012

Wet n Wild Megalst Undercover and I Need a Refresh-Mint

Today I have swatches of two polishes to show you from Wet n Wild's Megalast newly reformulated collection. If you read my post yesterday on the other polish I picked up from this collection you know that I can't stand the new Mani-Curve brushes that come with these polishes. They are so wide that the brush itself is bigger than my pinky nail. Since they are so wide it is hard to control application and I ended up with a mess of polish all over my nails.

First up, my favourite and the most interesting one I think, I Need a Refresh-Mint.

This polish looks like a lot of other mint greens out there in the bottle. Reminded me of Essie's Mint Candy Apple when I first saw it, but I still felt the need to pick it up at $1.99. That can't be beat. In darker light this polish looks like a dusty mint, which is very different than any other mint that I have come across. The formula is a tad thick, but nothing that can't be worked with rather easily.
wet-n-wild-i-need-a-refresh-mint

Now in a different light the polish looks a little more green and less dusty than in my previous photo. It's pretty and not quite the same as any other mints. It looks like it has a little bit of a blue undertone.

wet-n-wild-i-need-a-refresh-mint

Now let's add some flash. In brighter lights this polish can look like a robin's egg blue! I have heard this is a close to dupe of China Glaze For Audrey, which was a lemming of mine and I finally picked it up last week, which was after I took these photos. I'll do a comparison on a nail wheel for you soon :)


wet-n-wild-i-need-a-refresh-mint

The other polish that I picked up was Undercover. This is a bit of a dusty pink with a romantic rose like quality to it. It was unlike any other pink I have in my collection and is a calming colour appropriate for any day! 
wet-n-wild-undercover

wet-n-wild-undercover

I really like the colour of both these polishes and the formula really isn't all that bad. A little on the thick side, but in 2 coats will be a nice opaque shiny polish! If it wasn't for that darn brush! Oh well guess you can't win them all!

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...