Friday 16 March 2012

St. Patrick's Green Machine!

Morning dears! 
YAY it's Friday! And it's St. Patrick's Day tomorrow! Are you getting excited? St. Patty's has always been something a little special to me. I started Irish dancing when I was small and for many many many years St. Patty's would mean getting up early, hopping on a bus and going from pub to pub dancing for rather intoxicated people lol. It was awesome we ate candy on the bus all day and after 12 hours of dancing we collapsed. I loved it when I was little. Well onto my mani! 

I tried the watercolour technique, but with ALL GREEN! 

watercolor-nail-art

I started with OPI's Stranger Tides which is a light dusty green. Then I used the following polishes in order:
Revlon's Posh
China Glaze Gaga For Green
Revlon's Emerald City
Essie's Mint Candy Apple
Essence Lime Up! 

watercolor-nail-art

There are a couple great tutorials out there especially this one on Beauty Geeks. All you have to do is paint your nails a base colour and seal that with top coat. Then do little drops of colour onto your nail and take a brush dipped in acetone and dab at your dots. This will spread the colour making it look like watercolour paints. You can do it in any colour combination and it gives a really interesting effect!

watercolor-nail-art

After I had done the watercolour I thought it could use a little more St. Patty's bling. Since Essence's Space Queen was sitting on my desk I did one coat of that on both my ring finger and thumb. Then I took a large dotting tool and used China Glaze White on White to create a four leaf clover. Then took a slightly smaller dotting tool and Posh and made a clover inside the white one.
watercolor-nail-art

watercolor-nail-art

watercolor-nail-art

I really like Space Queen on top of the watercolour and wish I had done that one all my nails and left the clover alone, but overall I'm a fan. It kind of reminds me of army print.

Have you ever tried the watercolour method? What colours did you use?

Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...