Tuesday 5 June 2012

Abstract Nail Art Challenge Day 3: Splatter!

Today I've got the 3rd day in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge for all of you! The requirement for today was Splatter. Now I looooovee me some splatter nails, but clean up can be a bissssh. Especially when I decided to use the entire Color Club Take the Wing collection for this mani! 


color-club-take-the-wing-spatter


I started off with 2 coats of Sally Hansen's White On. Then I grabbed the whole wonderful glassflecky collection and a straw and went to work. I had this idea where I wanted to use all 6 colours but in a sort of gradient across my nails. 


color-club-take-the-wing-spatter


Here are the polishes I used to splatter on each nail,
Thumb: Daisy Does It (yellow), Sparkle and Soar (orange)
Index: Sparkle and Soar, Wing Fling (pink)
Middle: Wing Fling, Fly With Me (green)
Ring: Fly With Me, Metamorphosis (turquoise)
Pinky: Metamorphosis, Sky High (blue)


I totally loved the look of the glassfleck polishes splattered over white!! It was so cool looking! But as you can see there were a ton of glassflecks left on my skin that were ridiculously hard to clean off, so please forgive me for that :)


color-club-take-the-wing-spatter

color-club-take-the-wing-spatter

color-club-take-the-wing-spatter


Once I was all done I topped with NYC top coat and was left staring at my lovely nails. I didn't really like my middle nail but the rest of them I thought were pretty cool! 


So I have a bit of a funny story to share about my NYC top coat. When Sammy from The Nailasaurus was raving about it I went out and got myself a bottle, or so I thought. I didn't realize that it was the In a Minute clear polish not just the regular NYC top coat. I was sooo frustrated with it and didn't realize why I wasn't having great results. When Emily posted about her love affair with it and posted a picture of the bottle I felt so silly!! I finally found a few bottles and snatched them up and seriously it is the best top coat ever! 


color-club-take-the-wing-spatter


I think my index nail is my favourite splatter in this bunch! What do you all think? 


Do you like my idea of a gradient through the collection splattered across my nails? Think the idea came to fruition? Are you a fan of the splatter look? 


Remember to stop by The LacquerologistBeautyGnome and Manicurator to see what these gorgeous ladies have come up with on this splatterday! 

18 comments:

  1. Ahhh the glass fleck polishes splatter so nicely! It's beautiful....but I'm sure clean up was not fun! I love how you made a sort of gradient...beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Em! Clean up was terrible! I should have taped around my nails for sure before I started but oh well! Live and learn right lol I'm glad you like my kind of gradient!

      Delete
  2. This looks frikken COOL! My favorite is the pointer finger... The take wing collection was a perfect choice. Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this whole collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so glad I decided to scoop it all up!

      Delete
  4. i haven't seen a mani this great in a long time! you did AMAZING!! i love it Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors you did!!! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ambitious to use so many colors!! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Stephanie!! I'd have you do my nails like that if you were close by and available. Hope things are well in your end.

    Lillian (Miss D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss D! I would gladly do your nails like this if I was closer.
      Things are great hope things are well for you as well :)

      Delete
  8. Oh splatters are just so much fun!!!! I love the ring and pinky the best!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. when i splatter, i use tape on my fingers the same way we do when we water marble. just a suggestion. (:

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...