Thursday 21 June 2012

Abstract Nail Art Challenge Day 11: Household Item

Today is day 10 in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge! Were heading into some of the more 'different' criteria in the challenge, today's being a household item. I was thinking about what to use for this challenge and wanted to try something a little different. There are a couple different things I was thinking of using, first I thought about a straw, or saran wrap, maybe tinfoil? Then I got this crazy idea into my head. What if I used a hairbrush? So I used a hairbrush to come up with this mani!


color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art


To create the hairbrush look I started off with 2 coats of Color Club Metamorphosis. Once this had dried I added a coat of Barielle Grape Escape and then added Color Club Wing Fling. Before this had dried I grabbed my hair brush and made strokes through the polish. It ended up being a really interesting effect I think. 


color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art

color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art

color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art


On some places on my nail I didn't wait long enough for Metamorphosis to dry so the brush ended up going through to the bottom of my nail. Although this was not my original intent I actually think having a little bare nail looks kind of cool! What do you think?


color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art

color club wing fling metamorphosis hairbrush nail art


The end result of this was kind of fun! I think the glassflecks in the Color Clubs really help bring a couple dimensions to this manicure which I think looks pretty darn cool. Yup I just said darn, I sound like such an old lady lol. 


What do you think of my hairbrush nails?! Did I go too far in using a hair brush or would you try something like this? I'd love to hear what you think of my hairbrush nails. 


Remember to stop by The LacquerologistBeautyGnome and Manicurator to see what they have used for their household items nails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...