Tuesday 9 October 2012

Jack-O-Lanterns

Today I have my first installment of Halloween nail art! I'm planning on doing a week of Halloween nails if time allows, but I liked these too much that I felt like I needed to post them early!

Back when China Glaze released the Hunger Games Collection I passed on Riveting, why? I'm not sure, I wasn't a huge orange fan. Then I started seeing some awesome swatches of it and knew that I needed it. It glows people. Unfortunately at this point all were sold out in my area and I didn't feel like resorting to evilBay to find it. Then a few months back when I went down to the states to drop off my sister at school, I popped into her local Sally's and there is was! On clearance and then another 50% off! Of course I got home and didn't use it right away. This is the problem when you constantly buy new polish. When I was thinking of what base to use for my jack-o-lanterns, Riveting only made sense!

jack o lanterns


These are so much fun and I felt like I was looking down at little pumpkins all day on my nails! I used 2 coats of China Glaze Riveting for the base and then used It's So Easy Stripe Rite Black for all the faces.

jack o lanterns


I didn't follow any picture for these, just thought of what a jack-o-lantern is supposed to look like and went from there! I think some of these look funnier, while a few have a bit of a scary vibe! And Riveting really glows which totally emulates a candle glowing inside the pumpkin. Win!

jack o lanterns
jack o lanterns


I love carving pumpkins, and have carved one pretty much every year for as long as I can remember. Me and my dad used to draw out various designs on newspaper until we were happy with one. Also since there are three kids in my family we used to have to get a minimum of 3 pumpkins so we could all have our own design. I'm already thinking about what we will carve out this year.

Do you love Halloween? Have you ever carved your own pumpkin?

Hope you're having a great day!

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I attempted jack-o-lantern nails this weekend but it was a huge bust. :oP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Try them again! Since the face can be anything you want they don't need to be 'perfect'! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I am in love with that orange!!! Totally gorgeous!!! And the pumpkins came out so good! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your base color choice!!! I'm going to be doing a ton of halloween nail art closer to the holiday as well, so I'm super excited to see what all you come up with girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I'm stoked to see your Halloween creations!

      Delete
  4. Adorable! "Riveting" sure does emit a glow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! So stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...