Friday 12 April 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Animal Week: Zoey my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel!

Purchased by Me

Good Morning my loves!

Today is the last day in the Digit-al Dozen's Animal Week and today I have my absolute best nail art I have ever done I think. About a month and a half ago my family got a brand new puppy! We got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and named her Zoey. She is quite possibly the cutest and best dog ever so I decided to do a portrait of her! I'm way too excited about these so here is my Zoey!

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Gah I'm so proud of that one nail its slightly ridiculous. Zoey is now 13 weeks old and the most playful little thing that just wants to crawl into your lap and snuggle once she's tuckered out. She's rather perfect and has managed to bring my husky, Shila, out of a depression after we had to put our golden retriever, Lacey, down in September. Here are the two of them together!


It's really funny watching them play because Shila just sits there and has to move her head and occasionally her front paws while Zoey bounces around her and occasionally jumps on top of her.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

On my thumb I used Cult Nails Fetish and then wrote Zoey in Cult Nails Tempest and then added a heart with Dollish Polish Lipstick Around Your Dipstick. I left it without top coat because I loved the textured look of Fetish. On my paw print nails I used Tempest as my base coat and then did the paw prints with a dotting tool and Fetish. On my pinky there are two coats of Fetish.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

On my Zoey nail I started with two coats of Cult Nails Manipulative, which you can't really see anymore because I covered most of it up lol. Then I used Tempest, Fetish, China Glaze Desert Sun and OPI You Don't Know Jacques for my portrait of Zoey. I used my smallest nail art brush and a dotting tool to create her. I did a lot of blending the colours to get some definition and it took a few different tries to get the right look on her mouth especially.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

I'm really in love with these, if you couldn't already tell haha. I'm going home again today and get to see my puppy again which I'm pretty excited for. I mean look at this picture of her, she's just ready to play!

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

I'm sure you're either bored of looking at my dog, or want to hop on a plane and come meet her haha. I love these nails are am super proud of them. I hope you guys like them as much as I do!

Make sure you check out the rest of the Digit-al Dozen nails that my friends have done :)

38 comments:

  1. Aww I love that mani! Cavaliers are my favourite dogs, I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG -what a cutie! Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are one of my favorite dog breeds. You did a great jobs with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww so cute; the mani and Zoey. Zoey even more I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a dog person but Zoey is beyond cute! Shila looks so pretty and smart. Glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jessica! Zoey just likes to steal everyones heart! Shila is quite the beauty it is amazing to see the change in her :)

      Delete
  5. What an adorable puppy and your nails are awesome!!! I'm ready to hop on that plane to get some puppy snuggles! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both your dogs! They are beautiful. I especially love the picture of Zoey sitting between Shila's front legs...too cute. Zoey looks like a little peanut.

    Your nails rock too! I love them...it really is a great rendition of Zoey. Nice job. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kelly!! Zoey is quite the little peanut, she's adorable!

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely amazing! I wish I had half the talent to do this type of art!

    And those pics of the pups together are so freaking adorable - I'm such a dog lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you are insanely talented Heather! I'm a huge dog lover too!

      Delete
  8. Saving the best for last! I was impressed, and then I read that you did this with polish, not acrylics, then I was floored! You SHOULD be very proud of this...Oh, and your pup is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing manicure! Great nail art! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zoey is adorable! You did such a great job on these :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are ridiculously talented !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Zoey is adorable both on your nails and in pictures. I'm so glad she was able to get Shila out of her depression. A similar thing happened to my cat Yoshi when his buddy Jasper passed away several years ago. He perked up when I brought home another kitty, Missy May, and now they are friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so funny how you can really tell when they aren't happy! I'm glad your Yoshi is feeling better now :)

      Delete
  14. She is so adorable and the nail art looks perfect! I'm determined that I will have a Cavalier again once I get a dog of my own. They are such good dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Ashley!! They really are, I am going to need one too once I can have my own dog :)

      Delete
  15. That's some amazing painting!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...