Wednesday 17 October 2012

Glam Patchwork

Morning! Today as promised I have some nail art using the three Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors that I reviewed yesterday here. When I was done my swatching for the day I loved All is Glam, All is Bright so much that I decided to keep it on as a full manicure. I had been wearing that for awhile and thought it would be awesome to showcase these 3 polishes together since AIGAIB flashes both blue and red!

kardashian kolors holiday nails


I took some striping tape and one nail at a time created a criss cross pattern. For some reason the roll of striping tape I grabbed was not sticking to my nail so this step was a slight pain. Once it all had finally stuck to my nail I took Keeping Up With Santa and Deck the Dolls and using just the polish brush painted inside some random diamonds. I intentionally didn't fill in every diamond as I wanted the sparkle to really shine through. I kind of like the way it looks a little unfinished!

kardashian kolors holiday nails


Each ended up different and I kind of wish I went back and redid my index nail as I wasn't really feeling how that one came out, BUT since there was the whole non-sticking striping tape situation I left it as is. I think my thumb ended up being my favourite looking nail.

kardashian kolors holiday nails


I really like how pigmented these shades are for nail art purposes. Especially using them over glitter I thought it might be a total disaster, but they both worked perfectly!

kardashian kolors holiday nails


These shades are great for nail art and I will for sure be reaching for them again in the future. You can seen my full swatches and review of these polishes here.

What do you think of my Glam Patchwork design as I've decided to name it!

Hope you're getting as excited about the Holiday shades as I am!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Products used in this post were provided to me for my honest review by the manufacturer or PR company

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! And I need to check out these new NOPI swatches, the colors look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you do! You're going to love them! Thanks dear!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Really really lovely. I am so lame at nail art/tape manicures. I really need to try more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda :) I usually hate tape maicures, and this one was frustrating, but I had the idea and was determined for it to work!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love the pattern and I LOVE the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look as pretty as a Christmas tree :-)

    Yewizzy @ She Loves The Finer Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible-great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was unsure, but I'm convinced. I need all of the Kardashian NOPI holiday polishes. Damn you. And I need striping tape, I need to do this!!! This is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I'm glad I can help enable ;) Thanks so much Katy! <3

      Delete
  7. Love it! You have to be really patient to do all that taping! Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! <3 It was a pain in the butt! I totally did one nail watched some TV, then did another. It was a process LOL

      Delete
  8. I love this! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...