Monday 9 January 2012

Pink Dots!!

Hey all!! 


One of the past few manicures that I did involved using my new dotting tool rather heavily. I used a white base coat a hot pink on top and then put white dots all over it and added a little glitter! 
It looked super cute and was SO EASY to do. 
Here was the final result! 
pink with dots!! 
I think it looks adorable and gives this time of year a litter extra something! 


The polishes I used for this manicure were a white from Ardene, Hot Shot by Orly and Hallucination by Wet and Wild. The other tools used were a dotting tool as well a makeup sponge. 


White from Ardene, Hot Shot and Hallucination
To start off this lovely manicure always put on your base coat to protect your nails! I used Start to Finish by OPI. 


After this I took the white polish and painted my entire nail white. The polish I used was very thin, so it took about 3 coats to get an opaque white. I was concentrating on making the base of my nails more opaque than the tips because I knew I would be painting over it. 


white base coat
Once the white coat was completely dry I took Hot Shot and painted a few strokes onto the side of the makeup sponge. Then starting at the tip of my nail I sponged the colour on trying to get a gradient effect from white to light pink to opaque hot pink at the tips of my nails. I did have a bit of a challenge using only the one colour sponging, usually I will use multiple colours to get a real gradient effect, but I think it still looked pretty good. 


Once the sponging has again completely dried take a dotting tool and use the same white nail polish that you used to do the base coat to line dots across your nails. I tried to do as many dots as would fit on my nails. Since this was my first time using this dotting tool I made a few first timer mistakes. I didn't clean the tool off after every nail, instead choosing to continually dip in polish. This made the dot bigger than I thought and some of the dots especially on my pinky finger had a real texture to them, which also took muuuch longer to dry. 


Once the dots are complete I thought my nails could use a little sparkle so I took a dab of Hallucination and placed it over the bottom white portion of my nails! 


Finish with a top coat, again I used Start to Finish by OPI and there you have it! All done! 




Finished Nails!
Doesn't it look pretty!?
:D 
After I finished this it reminded me a little of watermelon! I'm going to have to try this again in the summer with some green black and pink instead of the white!

Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...