Sunday 5 August 2012

Subtle Gradient Dotticure

I'M DONE! I'M DONE! I'M DONE!

Morning dears! I am officially done! I finished my last exam last night and then hopped on a bus home right away with a suitcase packed as tight as I could. I just wanted to get home and start relaxing. Let me tell you picking which polishes to bring home with me was SO HARD! I ended up putting as many as I could into my backpack and am hoping they will do until I can get the rest of my stash.

Last week my friend Marta of ChitChat Nails announced she was holding a nail art contest! The theme was a dotticure and in your entry picture you had to hold the silliest thing you could find! You all know how much I love my dotticures so I jumped at the chance to enter this awesome contest!

gradient dotted nail art


To start off this look I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales the Walls which just happens to be one of Marta's favourite polishes! ;) Then I created a subtle gradient using MBSTW and Wet n Wild Silvivor. I loved how subtle this gradient was! I then added another gradient of sorts in petals up my nail in Essence Wanna Be Your Sunshine, Essie Pretty Edgy and Sally Hansen Blue Me Away.

gradient dotted nail art
gradient dotted nail art


Finding a 'silly' thing to hold turned out to be harder than I thought! You would think that a university student might have lots of silly things lying around the house, but I have been cleaning up lately so I actually didn't have much! But I do have this silver stuffed dog from Victorias Secret PINK that I thought seemed like a silly thing to hold in a manicure shot!

gradient dotted nail art
gradient dotted nail art


So what do you all think? Is this a 'silly' thing to hold in a NOTD pose? I would never pose with something like this in a real picture! I'm really excited to see what everyone else that enters the contest comes up with! The contest will be decided by public voting throughout this week beginning tomorrow. So make sure you check out Marta's blog ChitChat Nails tomorrow to see the rest of the entries!

Hope you are all having a very relaxing Sunday! I'm off to spend some much needed quality time with my family and friends :D

Thanks so much for stopping by! <3 br="br">

16 comments:

  1. Great dotticure!!! Congrats on being done with your exams too, what a great feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this SO much! Great job and YAY to being done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant manicure, I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice! I'm always envious of bloggers who can do such intricate designs and actually repeat them on all of their nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! This one was just dotting over and over again :)

      Delete
  5. Woohoo way for your exams!!! And yes, that dotted dog is a little silly lol... Awesome mani though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love!
    The subtle dots are pure perfection and the gradient, using my favourite shade, is the icing on the cake.
    Good luck with your entry :D
    Thank you for joining in on the fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I was going to use a white, and then thought better of it! Thanks for hosting the awesome contest!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...