Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Animal Week: Nudiibranch

Purchased by Me

Morning! Today is day three in the Digit-al Dozen's Animal Week and today's is probably my least favourite nail art of the week. Let's see what you all think!

Nudiibranch Animal

Today's inspiration is a sea slug called a Nudiibranch! It's a rather comical name but is a really cool looking animal that I just wasn't quite able to capture on my nails. Here's the real thing,

Nudiibranch Animal

I love the bright dots on the nude background. I'm still amazed that these kinds of creatures really exist!

Nudiibranch Animal

I started out with China Glaze Desert Sun and then added a coat of OPI Samoan Sand to give it a squishy jelly feel and lighten the colour a little. Then using a big dotting tool I used Julep Stella to add the base for my Nudiibranches spots. Then using smaller dotting tools I dotted China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-le and China Glaze Creative Fantasy for my spots!

Nudiibranch Animal
Nudiibranch Animal

While I wish I had been able to better capture the Nudiibranch, side note has anyone else giggled while reading that? Or just me? lol. I like polka dots so this look isn't all bad. I created another handy pinable image with the Nudiibranch in the corner!

Nudiibranch Animal

What do you think of the Nudiibranch? How are you liking Animal Week so far? Since my classes are over I'm enjoying relaxing for a day or two before I have to finish up any last few assignments and start studying for exams. It's been raining up a storm here and I'm hoping that it slows down soon!!

Make sure you check out the rest of the Digit-al Dozen's Animals today!



21 comments:

  1. Oh I looked this slugs up the other time, gosh they are such gorgeous creatures! Planning on doing one inspired by it too! I think you managed to capture it's spots well! I think the sea creatures are always so inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LOVE LOVE! this! You've been really creative with this week so far! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how this came out. I love your choice of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nails are cute and the inspiration as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From this moment on, sea slugs totlly rule! hahah :)
    They're beautiful animals - I'm so glad you went for such a look. It's an awesome rendition!**

    ReplyDelete
  6. the name IS hilarious, that thing is crazy looking! i think you did an excellent job of capturing its beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! I know right! I had to do it for the name alone!

      Delete
  7. I adore this mani, the photo caught my eye right away!When we used to have a saltwater tank, I always wanted to buy a nudibranch but they were not compatible with our fish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the colour combination. You seem a little disappointed with it but I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I just had a different vision in my head!

      Delete
  9. Adore this combo , is stuning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't capture it? I think you nailed it.

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...