Monday 8 April 2013

The Digit-al Dozen Does Animal Week: Dyeing Poison Dart Frog

Purchased by Me

Afternoon everyone! This morning I had my last undergraduate class ever! Yay! It was mega stressful as we had to do a 45 minute presentation and one of our group members overslept and didn't show up until we were already halfway though! It was intense, but I'm really glad that it's over :D

This week the Digit-al Dozen is doing Animal Week! Once I started looking into all sorts of different animals I got so many ideas and I'm sad this week is only 5 days long! For my first mani of the week I decided to do the Dyeing Poison Dart Frog!

Dyeing Poison Dart Frog

I started searching for all types of different poison dart frogs looking for one that was bright and colourful to replicate on my nails. I came across this site and immediately fell in love with the contrasting colours in the Dyeing Poison Dart Frog.


How cool is it that the frogs body is yellow with a shimmery cobalt blue for its legs. This was pretty much begging to be put on my nails.

Dyeing Poison Dart Frog
Dyeing Poison Dart Frog
Dyeing Poison Dart Frog

I used NYC Lexington Yellow on my accent nails and then used black creme and a dotting tool and my medium length striping brush to create the black pattern on those nails. Then I used Sally Hansen Co-Balt Blue to represent my cobalt legs and black creme and a dotting tool to create my spots.

Dyeing Poison Dart Frog
Dyeing Poison Dart Frog
Dyeing Poison Dart Frog

I love accent nails so this type of manicure was right up my sleeve. There are so many amazing animals to pull inspiration from in nature. I created this super handy pinable image with the Dyeing Poison Dart Frog so you all can know what my inspiration was!

Dyeing Poison Dart Frog

What do you all think of my Dyeing Poison Dart Frog nails? Would you ever wear something like this?

I'm super happy to be back participating in the Digit-al Dozen Week! I'm super excited to see what the rest of my buddies have come up with. Make sure you check out the links below!

19 comments:

  1. These are perfect! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being done with classes FOREVER! These nails are very cool and very frog-esque, which I feel is hard to do sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Seriously! Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great mimicry the frogs colors - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so freaking awesome!
    I'm tired of cheeta, zebra, leopard and snake nails...
    So you've really made me look ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww I'm so glad! I tried to think outside the box!

      Delete
  6. I really love the inspiration behind this! And congrats on your last undergrad class! I remember mine, and it was SO exciting and scary at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! I love the contrast and I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw one of these in the sealife centre yesterday and thought of you. x

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...