Saturday 1 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 1 Red

Aaaaaaaanndd we're OFF!!

Today marks Day One of the 31 Day Challenge that I am doing with my best blogging buddy Emily of The Lacquerologist. The first few days of the challenge are simply colours. After talking it over with Emily we decided that we would instead of just posting a swatch of a beautiful polish we would instead draw inspiration from these colours and do some nail art with the main focus being each colour.

The first day of the challenge is red. I think red is such a beautiful colour for nails and if I had to choose one colour to wear for the rest of my life, it would be a red. More specifically it would probably be Cult Nails Evil Queen. In my opinion this is just the most perfect red that I have ever come across. This is a pure red, with slight pink undertones, it's bright and in your face, yet soft and beautiful at the same time. Basically it's love in a bottle.

When I first started thinking about what to do for red, all I had in my mind was a racecar. Like a Nascar racecar. Combine this with the first day of the challenge and I had to do a starting line!

31 day challenge red


I of course started off with 2 perfect coats of Cult Nails Evil Queen. This could be a one coater as I pretty much noticed no difference from one coat to the next, but I did two for good measure. Then I lined up my nails and freehanded the white portion of the starting line across my nails with a striping brush. Then I added black lines on either side of the white bar with a striping brush and with the same brush I added vertical lines and filled in every other one with my black striping brush.

31 day challenge red
31 day challenge red


I wanted to show the number of my racecar and was originally planning on doing my favourite number, 13 or 7, but then I figured what was more appropriate than 31?! So the number of my car at the starting line is 31 for the 31 days of the challenge! ;)

31 day challenge red
31 day challenge red


This seemed like a fun way to start the challenge and I'm sooooo excited to get started on the rest of it!

I'm sure that Emily has come up with something amazeballs as usual to head over to The Lacquerologist and check it out! The rest of the challenge is outlined in this cool little graphic below so be sure to come back and check out the rest :D

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!! <3


10 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm doing the challenge too even though last year when a bunch of us did it everyone but about 5 of us fell out LOL! Oh the torture of a 31 day challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! can't wait to see what you come up with too! The challenge promises to be grueling I'm sure! I can't wait!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea!! I'll be joining on Day 11. I wish I had the time for all 31 days.. it would help so much in improving my nail art skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I love this! What a cute idea!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo genius! Love <3 Your designs are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...