Thursday 20 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 20: Watermarble

Watermarble day. Well if you've been following me for awhile you know that me and watermarbles don't always get along so well. It's been a struggle, but I think I finally succeeded on all 5 nails! :D

watermarble


When I was deciding what colours to use I was having a hard time. I kept leaning towards my safe blues and I really wanted to get out of my blue comfort zone. Then I was having dinner and went to pour some Fruitopia and voila! I knew exactly what colours I was going to be using!



I used China Glaze Gaga For Green, China Glaze 108 Degrees and China Glaze Cha Cha Cha. The first time I tried these over Gaga For Green and I just wasn't loving how the pink was showing up. So I scratched that and used Milani White On The Spot as my base.

watermarble


I learned that I'm not very good at drawing more complicated designs. So I tried this one that was only 3 strokes in the water! And I'm pretty proud that I kind of managed it on all 5 nails! Wooohooooo!

watermarble


I was planning on drawing a fruit or writing Fruitopia on one of my nails, but honestly I was so proud of this that I didn't want to cover them up! :D

watermarble


I know these aren't even close to being perfect, but I'm very pleased with them! I think I captured the Rapsberry Kiwi Karma Fruitopia very well! :D

Make sure you check out The Lacquerologist to see what awesome watermarble she's come up with! :)

13 comments:

  1. so awesome - great that you were inspired by a juice carton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks natalsie :) I think inspiration can be found anywhere!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize water marbling was on the challenge list. Diabolical! I recently tried it myself and things did not go well at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I'm not a very good water marbler at all! But I am proud of this mani!

      Delete
  3. These look GREAT! Love the colors. I can never get mine the same on all five nails...you should be proud!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! It was the only design I could draw without messing it up! haha! <3

      Delete
  4. lol..constantly fail at water marbling so i've given up :(

    http://shelovesthefinerthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the only 4 times I've ever done water marbling are for challenges!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! Pink and green is one of my favorite color combos =)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...