Tuesday 11 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 11: Dots

Today is the 11th day of the challenge! We've moved away from the colour prompts and onto more of the technique themed days. I'm getting really stoked for these days! They should be pretty awesome!

For dots I was having a hard time trying to narrow down options because dotticures are literally endless in their possibilities! So since I hauled quite a bit of new polish from our fabulous Southern Ontario blogger meetup on Sunday (more on that in a post tonight!) I thought I needed to use a new one! After looking through some of the amazeballs polishes I finally settled on a classic nude and black approach, using the wonderful Cult Nails Mazo.

dot nail art


All I did for this classic nails was dot the bigger black dots on in diagonal rows first, and then come back with a smaller dotting tool and fill in the spaces between the bigger dots! Then since I love me some bling I added clear rhinestones on my thumb and ring finger as a ruffian accent. I was impatient in topcoating so please ignore the smudges of parts of my nails!

Before I show you more pictures of the nail art I need to show you Mazo on its own. I. Love. This. Polish.

cult nails mazo


Mazo is from the Let's Get Nekkid Collection and is a soft, perfectly work appropriate nude that just glows full of gold glassflecks. The best part? The glassflecks give this polish a true gold shimmer and not a yellow one to make you look like you have smokers nails. This was two coats of pure love.

dot nail art
dot nail art
dot nail art
I feel so grown up and classy with these nails. There is just something about this colour combination to me that I go gaga over! I have been obsessing over doing black on nude for awhile and I am soooo happy I finally did. I'm wearing black pants and a nude shimmery sweater today to match. Yep I'm awesome.

dot nail art


You can still purchase Mazo here for $10 USD directly from Cult Nails! It will be limited edition juuust in case you're wondering ;)

What do you think of my classy nude and black dots? Would you wear something like this?

Head over to The Lacquerologist to see what awesome dot manicure she's come up with today!

Also you can follow along with the challenge on Pinterest here with this specific 31 Day Challenge board I made! :D

See you all back here tomorrow for some stripes!

5 comments:

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...