Monday 10 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 10: Gradient

We've reached the tenth day of the challenge! Yay! One third of the way through! Today's theme is gradient. Gradients have been sooooo huge recently and there are some amazing tutorials out there showing you how to get that perfectly smooth gradient. I saw a manicure called the Harlequin Hardware about a month or two back and I immediately jotted it down in my nail polish notebook. I thought this was the perfect time to pull it out and try it!

harlequin hardware manicure


So, not your typical gradient, but I really love the effect! I used Nail the B.Y.T.C.H Fruity Cutie Butte as my purple base and then sponged on China Glaze Gothic Lolita around the outside of my nail. I went back and sponged on a little of Fruity Cutie Butte again in the middle where I had overdone it with the darker purple. I then used striping tape to tape off a clean line for my tip and used Pure Ice Silver Mercedes as my silver tip! Add a coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat and I was all done!

harlequin hardware manicure
harlequin hardware manicure
harlequin hardware manicure


I love how simple this is to do, yet it's a really funky effect and a neat way to use a gradient! I can see myself wearing this in all sorts of colour combos!

harlequin hardware manicure


What do you think of my unconventional gradient nails?! Do you like the Harlequin Hardware manicure look?

Make sure you head over to The Lacquerologist to see what Emily has come up with! I'm sure it's fabulous!

See you all back here tomorrow to start on the second third of the challenge :D

7 comments:

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...