Sunday 9 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 9: Rainbow

Morning dolls! The theme today is Rainbow! Rainbow nails are so fun and bright, I always love looking down at them when they are rainbowified. Today's mani is a little nuts, but I like the way it turned out!

31 day nail art challenge rainbow


See, slightly over the top glitter crazy and rainbowy right! I started with a coat of Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and then added a rainbow across my nails using,
Stripe Rite Red Striper
China Glaze Orange You Hot?
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightning
Stripe Rite Blue Striper
Stripe Rite Green Striper
China Glaze Beach Cruise-r


31 day nail art challenge rainbow
31 day nail art challenge rainbow
31 day nail art challenge rainbow


Then I used the acetone water colour technique to get rid of some of the colour near the top of my nail. Then I used loose glitter from Born Pretty Store and Michaels to add a sexy glitter gradient! Topped it off with a coat of Gelous and NYC In a Minute Top Coat and I was good to go!

31 day nail art challenge rainbow
31 day nail art challenge rainbow


These were super fun and sparkly, but not at all what I had originally in mind when I sat down! Do you ever start with one thing and end up in a completely different direction?

Can't wait to see what my awesome challenge buddy Emily of The Lacquerologist has come up with for Rainbow nails!

Nine days down, twenty-two to go! See you back here tomorrow for gradient nails!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo GLITTERIFIC! Love this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, well done! love the last photo the most xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the matching glitter bits, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool :)
    Reminds me a little of what I did on day 9 - With the differece that yours looks much prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awww thanks so much Alex, I'm sure yours were beautiful! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, these look great! You definitely took your time and did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...