Tuesday 4 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 4 Green

It's Day 4 in the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge and today is green day. When I first started blogging, green was my least favourite colour to wear on my nails. For some reason I thought it looked weird and I just was not a fan. Through blogging I have come to LOVE green on my nails. Seriously. I think the love started with all the neons and has just grown from there. I find myself reaching for green waaaay more often than I used to. Since neons are where my green love started I figured I would show some love to an almost neon green today.

31 day nail art challenge green


I started with 2 coats of the lovely Wet n Wild Glowstick from the Fergie Collection on all but my middle and pinky nail. This is an almost neon because it has a beautiful golden shimmer, that makes it not quite as bright as other neons we've seen this summer such as, China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard. I used Milani White on the Spot on my middle and pinky nails. Then I added an extra line of Glowstick in the middle of my pinky. I added all the tribal like patterns by freehanding with Stripe Rite Striper in Black. On my index nail I placed the black and gold loose glitter from Born Pretty Store in a chevron pattern. On my thumb and ring finger I added what I think is one of my new favourite polishes Wet n Wild Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night from the Fergie collection which I got in a August Santa gift exchange from the fabulous Amanda of The Nail Polish Enthusiast!

31 day nail art challenge green
31 day nail art challenge green


Triabl-esque patterns are one of my absolute favourite forms of nail art to do. There are essentially endless possibilities just using lines or curves. It's awesome.

31 day nail art challenge green
31 day nail art challenge green


Needless to say, I now looove wearing green on my nails. This was actually one of my favourite looks I've done recently because of the simplicity of it, and it's super eye catching!

Today is also my first day of my last co-op term! So wish me luck! :D

Make sure you head over to The Lacquerologist and see what Emily came up with for green day!

See you all back here tomorrow for blue!



Since this also fits today's #PolishDays theme Geometry, I'm doubling up and using it twice! That's ok right ;) Make sure you check out all the awesome #PolishGeometry manis!

19 comments:

  1. Love this! I am obsessed with the black and white triangles nail! I swear, you are a superstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I am obsessed with the black and white triangles nail! I swear, you are a superstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love!! The geometric designs and then that lovely green! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks cool Stephanie! Good luck with your co-op placement today! We are now only about an hour's drive apart ;)
    Question for you though, do you do the same design on both hands all the time? I'm just thinking that some of your designs are pretty intricate and I'm curious if you're an ambidextrous polisher ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! I don't do the same design all the time. I normally try to! And I am getting better at my left hand painting, but if I do a really intricate design on my right hand, I may just stamp something similar if I'm running short on time :)

      Delete
  5. That middle finger is awesome! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly OK my dear, awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one kept jumping out from the pictures of all the others - fabulous green and I love the glitter chevy - mucho pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find myself really gravitating to green these days too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this sets my heart aflutter - it's just gorgeous. It's hard to figure out which nail is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late with my comment, but ooooh I love this! The neon green is right up my alley and the triangle pattern looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...