Tuesday 25 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 25: Inspired By Fashion

Inspired by fashion. I'll admit I am not the biggest fashionista. Most of that comes from being a university student. When I'm in a school term I'm generally more worried about my grades than looking good going to class. And then when I'm on a work-term I wear office clothes during the day and my lululemons or comfy jeans once I get home. I do love some of the new trends that have been coming out, helllooo floral and coloured jeans! But more often than not I choose to spend my money on rad polish instead of more clothes. I'm ok with that!

Since New York Fashion Week just happened I decided to be inspired by some of the wicked nail art trends that we saw on the catwalk during fashion week. I decided to do my own variation that CND's Kristina Estabrook did at the Blonds show!

fashion nail art


The theme of the show done by The Blonds was "psycho beach party" and they had a number of really cool nail looks including a layered one that was just awesome! However I loved the different take on the caviar manicure that this had. Although the nail look was done with CND Blackjack and a coral caviar bead, I did not have either, so I decided to invert the look!

fashion nail art
fashion nail art


I used 3 coats of OPI Big Hair...Big Nails and added a top coat. Once that was dry I took a striping brush and Milani White On The Spot and added a a wavy white line one nail at a time. I then sprinkled microbeads from Michaels in Ebony over my nail and lightly pressed them into the white polish.

fashion nail art


I actually quite like these. They are definitely a little edgy and I can totally see the psycho beach party theme!

What do you think of this fashion inspired nail art? Would you ever wear something like this?

Head on over to The Lacquerologist to see what fashion has inspired her! I've been loving all of her posts lately! She's knocking this challenge out of the park! :D

12 comments:

  1. There are really cool. I love red and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Stephanie! I was thinking the other day that I might try the "caviar" look but I'm not sure I will like it. Any suggestions/tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! Try it! It is for a sure a manicure that will only last for one day, I usually end up picking off the beads when I'm bored LOL! Paint your second coat one nail at a time and while it is still wet either pour the beads over your nail into a tupperware container or press your nail into the beads! Either way works!

      Delete
  3. I actually like yours better than the ones that CND did! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! I think it is such a cute way to wear microbeads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I agree! Love finding different ways to wear them!

      Delete
  5. I love this look too!! It is so different and stylish.
    You did a beautiful job!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like your version better than the original!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...