Monday 24 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 24: Inspired by a Book

Afternoon dears! Today's challenge theme is inspired by a book. I am an avid reader and had sketched out lots of different design ideas for this day, but I eventually settled on an old classic from my childhood. Shel Silverstein books growing up were always fabulous to me. He is all sorts of awesome so I knew that I needed to do nails inspired by him. I was originally thinking of doing Where The Sidewalk Ends, but when I went to look for all my old books I only found Falling Up, so I took that book and copied some of my favourite drawings found in the book!

shel silverstein nail art


All I did for these, was use Milani White on The Spot as my base and then drew the characters using It's So Easy Stripe Rite Black. Added a coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat and I was good to go!

shel silverstein nail art
shel silverstein nail art


I really loved all the Shel Silverstein poems growing up and my favourite one of his is actually,

Draw a crazy picture, 
Write a nutty poem, 
Sing a mumble-gumble song, 
Whistle through your comb. 
Do a loony-goony dance, 
'Cross the kitchen floor, 
Put something silly in the world 
That ain't been there before."


shel silverstein nail art
shel silverstein nail art


These nails were really fun to do because I actually went through the book and picked my favourites as well as I went back and read all of the poems that had meant so much to me as a child.

I even took pictures of my nails with the book to show you that I actually copied these straight from the book! And made it in a nice pinnable format for you lovely folks.

shel silverstein nail art


I hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane as much as I enjoyed doing them!

Make sure you stop by The Lacquerologist to see what book has inspired her today!

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I loved that book when I was little...this post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg how can you draw like that!! i can't even do that a pencil ha ha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Debbie! And lots and lots of practice!!! <3 xx

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! this is amazing!!! i used to love these books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so awesome!!!!!!
    Love the stark black and white and your detail is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh i love these, im a huge shel silverstein fan! The Romance is my favorite, it was the reading at my wedding and is framed in my son's room, as he is the pelicant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jena :) That is so cool that it was the reading at your wedding! :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...