Wednesday 19 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 19: Galaxies

I felt like starting todays post off with a joke, :D
Pupil: "Please Sir! Did you hear that scientists have found life on another planet?"
Teacher: "What are you talking about?"
Pupil: "They found fleas on Pluto!"

Enough of that! Let’s get to what you came here for, some galaxy nails! I kind of feel like I’m posting two days of galaxy nails in a row with these ones, but not much I can do about that I suppose! I have seen some absolutely amazing galaxy nails out there, and I was totally planning on doing some wicked solar system or something, but then after I spent 45 minutes staring at pretty pictures taken by the Hubble telescope and playing with different sponging combinations it was already 10pm and I really needed to go to bed lol. So I’ll have to pull out galaxy nails again sometime in the future.

gaxlay nail art


These are pretty blue toned, I realized through my 45 minutes of going ooooo pretty at pictures of space that I was really drawn towards the more blue themed pictures. Shocker. I really need to stop always gravitating towards blues! LOL! Anyway I started off with China Glaze Liquid Leather and then tore up a sponge. Using the torn sides I sponged on China Glaze For Audrey, Orly Sweet Peacock, Nailtini Parfait Armour and finally Sally Hansen White On. I used Wet n Wild Hallucinate as my distant stars over areas that were still predominately black and then added some white dots to represent some closer stars.

gaxlay nail art


I did these completely randomly, and it definitely takes some practice to get the desired effect. If I had the time I would probably redo a few of my nails, but from far away I think it’s still pretty eyecatching no? I think the best part about galaxy nails is that you can’t truly go wrong! There are all parts of the galaxies that haven’t even been discovered so if someone questions you, just say they are from a galaxy far far away… :D

gaxlay nail art
gaxlay nail art


On my middle nail I was kind of going for a black hole sort of look do any of you see it there? :D

gaxlay nail art


My first foray into galaxy nails was fun! I actually remember watching the cutepolish galaxy nails tutorial way back when I first started blogging and thinking that I would never be able to ever do it.

Have you ever attempted galaxy nails? What do you think of my cool toned ones?

The Lacquerologist’s blog is back up and running! So head over and check out what she did for galaxy nails today!

And let's finish off today's post with another joke!

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

LOL :D

17 comments:

  1. We see galaxy nails a lot, but still I always enjoy them, and this is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, they are such an easy and eye catching manicure to pull off!

      Delete
  2. Love these. Beautiful. And your jokes made me laugh!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours Steph, I still havent attempted galaxy nails yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! <3 You should try! they really are quite easy!

      Delete
  4. Love the nails and the jokes. I was nervous about galaxy nails too but totally agree that you can't go too far wrong. Good read as always Steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fabulous, they really do look like galaxies, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great galaxies! I love how this turns out SO different for each person. I totally saw the black hole! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woohooo! I'm glad you saw it! It's awesome because yours will always be unique! :)

      Delete
  7. Free trip around the sun.... Tee hee. ;)

    Your galaxy is awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...