Thursday 6 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 6: Violet

It’s violet day! I’m not sure about you, but violet is essentially purple right? Well I’ve got some purpleiffic nails to show you today.

Candice from Mr.Candiipants posts some epically awesome manicures and awhile back when gradients were all anyone was talking about she decided to amp it up a little and do this amazing block gradient. It has been bookmarked in my Nail Inspiration folder ever since she did it and I figured it was finally time to recreate it!

31 day nail art challenge violet


These are actually super easy to do! Here is the tutorial from Candice, but I’ll do a quick run down of what I did. I started with a coat of Nail the B.Y.T.C.H. Fruity Cutie Butte the lightest purple and the colour closest to my cuticle. This does not have to be opaque because you’ll be going over it with the rest of your gradient! I took my favourite medium length striping brush and my middle colour Sally Hansen Psychedelic Purple and made a block in the middle of my nail. Then I went down the gradient using Essie Jamacia Me Crazy and Zoya Keiko creating again blocks about 1/7 of my nail long. I filled in using Fruity Cutie Butte near my cuticle making sure there were no bald spots. Then I went from the middle of my nail to the tip using, Barielle Grape Escape, Konad Special Polish in Purple and finally Rimmel Night Before on my tip.

31 day nail art challenge violet
31 day nail art challenge violet


Now if you aren’t crazy like me and don’t have 7 purple polishes that you can use to make a block gradient you can do this by mixing one colour with black and white crèmes! This was actually my initial plan, but then I hauled out all my purples and realized I had enough… I’ve got a lot of polish ok. :D

31 day nail art challenge violet


I added those two rhinestones on my thumb and ring finger to bling it up a little, buuut turns out you couldn’t really see them. Oh well. I still like them there.

31 day nail art challenge violet


I love the idea of the block gradient, and it’s pretty fly and all you need is a striping brush and all you have to do is draw lines! And even if your lines aren’t straight since it’s a gradient, who is really going to notice?! Ya I just realized I said fly… he he…

Do you love the idea of the block gradient as much as I do?! Thanks for coming up with such an awesome idea Candace!

Now head over to The Lacquerologist and see what Emily has done for violet day!

Six down, twenty-five to go. I’ll see you tomorrow with some black and white nails that I’ll be attempting tonight! I’m super excited about them! :D

9 comments:

  1. Aw this is so cute, I this.. cool twist on the typical gradient manis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this technique TWICE following her tutorial and neither time has come out quite as beautiful as this! I love all those different purples together plus the mix of sparkly polishes as well - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ThePaintedPony! I think the mix of finishes really helped bring it all together :)

      Delete
  3. ohhh definitely trying this out..Looks awesome..xx


    http://www.shelovesthefinerthings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mix of purples you chose!!! And the little rhinestones as accents are great...you always pull that off so well! Great job, friend =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all this monochrome purples going on in this! So pretty

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...