Sunday 16 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 16: Tribal

Tribal Nails! I have been so excited about today's prompt since the start of the challenge. Tribal nails are one of the first forms of nail art that I attempted and have been one of my favourites ever since. There are just endless tribalesque patterns that you can try! I am beyond stoked with the nails that I came up with and they are actually my favourite nail art that I've done in awhile! :D

tribal nail art


Please excuse that awful little cut on my ring finger. Somehow last night that happened, and I realized while editing these pictures, that it looks so much worse in close up shots than real life!

I used Milani White On The Spot as my base and then used a medium length striping brush to freehand the tribal pattern. I used a ton of polishes, so I'll list them all below! I just went with lines, triangles and dots and kind of went with the flow. I didn't have a plan beyond that sitting down, which was kind of fun to see just what happened!

tribal nail art
tribal nail art
tribal nail art


I just love these! I might be tooting my own horn a little here but damn, these look awesome and were so much fun to do! All the polish used is listed below.

Models Own Hed Kandi Beach Party (neon orange)
Essie Watermelon (dark pink)
Revlon Sorbet (light orange)
Essie Pretty Edgy (light green)
China Glaze Gothic Lolita (purple)
Joe Fresh Teal
Essence Wanna Be Your Sunshine? (yellow)
Essie Off The Shoulder (light pink)
It's So Easy Stripe Rite Green
It's So Easy Stripe Rite Blue
It's So Easy Stripe Rite Red


tribal nail art
tribal nail art


I had my friend and my aunt ask me if they were stickers last night, and when I said nope I freehanded them, they both looked at me like I was insane! But I enjoyed doing it. :) Maybe I'm a little crazy, but they are so much fun!

tribal nail art


Eeeeee! Love this tribal print! I'm going to have such a hard time taking these off today LOL!

Make sure you check out The Lacquerologist to see what tribal nails Emily has come up with! I hear they are crazy awesome! Here's her Facebook page in case her blog isn't up and running again yet!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you back here tomorrow :D

27 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing! I've never tried tribal nail art, so I'm looking forward to having a go, although I'm not sure I really have the patience for it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I find its really just drawing small lines, maybe start off with a tribal accent nail :)

      Delete
  2. cool! i really like your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ridiculously good my love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These should be nail shields!! :) I would actually purchase a set of these, I LOVE THIS!! Amazing job, it's also so great to see an atypical tribal design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Wouldn't that be awesome!? I would totally make them for you if you could make your own shields! Thanks so much Kelsie!

      Delete
  6. Nice! How rockin is this?? I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK This is cool as sh*t-the coolest mani I have seen in quite some time! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these Stephanie, like an 80's fluoro take on tribal! :-)x

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...