Sunday 2 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 2 Orange

Morning lovelies!

Today is day two in the 31 Day Challenge and the criteria is Orange! When I first started thinking about what to do for orange all I could think about was Halloween. Since it's only the start of September and not even close to October yet, I figured doing Jack-o-Lantern nails was a little early in the season. After much, deliberation I finally decided on doing some fall themed nails.

31 day nail art challenge orange


Even though my base colour isn't orange, I used an orange polish in every one of the leaves and used like 10 of them. So it works right?! ;)

31 day nail art challenge orange
31 day nail art challenge orange


I started with two coats of China Glaze Foie Gras from the Hunger Games Collection and then added a coat of a Gold Green Shifter that I won in a giveaway from Liquid Jelly. In some lights the gold had an orange flash to it and well gold and orange and super close in colour family! Then I started to create my leaves with a striper brush. I used a bunch of different polishes in this. The base of the leaves was mostly done with China Glaze Adventure Red-y from the On Safari Collection, NYC Lexington Yellow and Revlon Sorbet. Then I added accents with China Glaze Riveting, Color Club Daisy Does It, Color Club Sparkle and Soar, Essie Fear or Desire and I *think* that's all. Oh wait, I dabbed on bits of Wet n Wild Hallucinate to add a little holo sparkle.

31 day nail art challenge orange
31 day nail art challenge orange
31 day nail art challenge orange


These leaves were surprisingly easier than I expected them to be! I'm also really digging the sparkliness (is that a word? I'm going to go with yes...) that adding the various glass fleck polishes to the leaves gave it.

Emily of The Lacquerologist started off with some awesome red chevron nails yesterday so head over to her blog and see what she's come up with today!

Here is the rest of the challenge so you can see what's coming up next! Thank you SO much for stopping by! <3 br="br">

17 comments:

  1. This is outstanding! My goodness, Steph, you knocked it out of the park again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this! It totally evokes a fall day with leaves falling against the cool grey sky. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that interpretation of it! Thanks so much Jamie!

      Delete
  3. Oh, these are beautiful. I've been planning to do something similar, but I haven't had a chance5 yet with all the challenges I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! They are so fun to do! Can't wait to see yours:)

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! Screams fall <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, I can see the fall on your nails, beautiful colours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!! It makes me excited to see the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...