Monday 3 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 3 Yellow

Gooood Morning!

Today is day 3 of 31 and the theme is yellow. Yellow has been one of my favourite colours since well forever. When I was little I had a yellow room that is probably my favourite room I've ever had.

For today's mani I decided to go with a neon theme colouring! Today is my last day before starting my final co-op term tomorrow and I needed some bright before it's back to 9-5 for the next 4 months.

31 day nail art challenge yellow


I started off with one of my favourite yellow's of the season, China Glaze Sun-Kissed. Highlighter yellow? Yes please. Then I used striping tape to create a new version of the laser tape mani. Instead of criss crossing the tape I made sure the end was square and placed it so I would have line segments on my nail. You know you're a nerd when you call it a line segment... he he anyone else laughing with me?

31 day nail art challenge yellow
31 day nail art challenge yellow
31 day nail art challenge yellow


I took more polishes from the 2012 China Glaze Summer Neon Collection, Splish Splash, I'm With the Lifeguard and Hang-Ten Toes and sponged on them in random segments. Then I sponged on just a touch of Wet n Wild Black Creme to tone down the neon. Took off the tape and added a coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat and I'm good to go!

31 day nail art challenge yellow
31 day nail art challenge yellow


Neon's have to be one of my favourite summer trends and it seems rather fitting that on the last day of summer I wear them!

What has your favourite trend of the summer?

Make sure you head over to The Lacquerologist to see what she's come up with for yellow!

I'll see you all back here tomorrow for green! :D

13 comments:

  1. I love the stripes showing through the sponging. Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I love how abstract it is, and you knooow I love those China Glaze neons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant use for striping tapes <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! The finished look is absolutely incredible!!! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is such an amazing design. I love it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your stripey manicures! Where do you buy your striping tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I bought these on eBay, just search striping tape, but Born Pretty Store also carries striping tape if you are more comfortable buying from them! You could also use my 7% off coupon SA7X31 :)

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...