Sunday 23 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 23: Inspired by a Movie

Inspired by a movie huh? There were so many possible designs that I wanted to do for this day. I had such a hard time narrowing them down. Finally I settled on a movie that I really love, American Psycho.

american psycho nail art


If you haven't seen American Psycho, essentially it is about a Wall Street executive who likes to violently murder people at night. He's completely psycho, but it's an awesome movie!

american psycho nail art
american psycho nail art


My inspirations for each nail were drawn from different points in the movie, and I actually watched the movie while I was doing them! Just in case anything else struck an idea.

My index nail is inspired by the cover of the movie. I used Cult Nails Evil Queen as my base and then did the details in It's So Easy Stripe Rite in Black, Red and White. I used NYC Sidewalkers for the knife. My middle nail is supposed to be blood splatter from when he does all those crazy killings. I used Milani White On The Spot as my base an splattered with China Glaze Vermillion and China Glaze Adventure Red-Y. My ring nail is swirl, because well he's psycho and I feel like that's a good representation of crazy. lol My pinky is a rose, because in one of the scenes a bunch of exec's are sitting around a table and there are numerous shots of bunches of roses, plus it fit in with the rest of the theme!

american psycho nail art
american psycho nail art


This movie is totally creepy, but it helps that Christian Bale, who plays the lead is smooookkiinn hot. Sooo good looking it's not even fair. :D I felt like since he's holding a knife in the cover I needed to grab a knife and use it as a prop...

american psycho nail art


...totally creeeeeppppyyy!!! On a side note, do not try using a knife as a normal prop! I was so scared I was going to cut myself somehow!

american psycho nail art


I also made this handy photo for pinning, in case you weren't sure what movie this was supposed to be! :)

american psycho nail art


Make sure you head over to The Lacquerologist to see what movie has inspired Emily today!

See you back here tomorrow morning!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work...all the nails go together so well! I am definitely going to be doing a "blood" splatter mani for Halloween time! Also, I am really impressed with the photo where you're holding a knife...so brave!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I'm totally pulling the blood splatter out for Halloween again! I was so scared taking the picture I wanted to get it done so fast! lol!

      Delete
  2. wow this is a little bit insane and i LOVE it - inspired choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO AWESOME! I especially love the blood splatter nails! And I love that you are holding a knife! It's getting me in the mood for Halloween =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job! I love your "Christian Bale" nail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow! This is so awesome! That swirly design is so hard to do, I never get them perfect like yours ):

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just watched this movie and it ruined me for like a week with that ending! Hahah- These look great though. That blood spatter is literally perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...