Thursday 27 September 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 27: Inspired by Artwork

Morning dolls! Today's prompt is Inspired by Artwork. I'm going to be upfront that this is not my best effort. I was feeling a little uninspired as I pretty much know nothing about art. I even googled 'artwork' to see what I could come up with and still nothing inspired me.

I decided to take the prompt as the process of creating artwork instead of the artwork itself!

31 day challenge inspired by artwork


Ya, this was totally better in my head than on my nails, but I ran out of time to try another one! I started with 2 coats of OPI Samoan Sand one of my absolute favourite polishes as my 'canvas'. Then I created a paint brush on my index nail using It's So Easy Stripe Rite White and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. Then I tried the dry brush method with, Sally Hansen Blue Me Away!, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightning, Sally Hansesn Insta-Dri Rapid Red and Revlon Posh. I was hoping it would look a little bumpy, like the brush had been using acrylics, but I guess I should have actually tried that with acrylic paint! LOL

31 day challenge inspired by artwork


This is the one downside to the challenge being everyday and life being as busy as it is. There is almost no room for error! If it wasn't for the challenge I would have probably started these nails over again and scraped these with some acetone and cotton balls!


31 day challenge inspired by artwork

What do you think of these 'artwork inspired' nails?

Make sure you head over to The Lacquerologist! I'm sure hers are much better than mine today! :)

10 comments:

  1. I don't think it's bad. It looks like abstract art work. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I think it's a great interpretation of the theme =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this looks bad at all! I love colourful manis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this, I think it looks like watercolors =) Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are great! I really like them!! art isn't about being perfect! some of the imperfections make it that much more valuable!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...