Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ontario Blogger Meetup!

Good Evening ladies!

This past Sunday I had the absolute pleasure of getting to meet some of the amazingly talented bloggers that also live in the Southern Ontario. We were terrible at capturing pictures because well we just kept talking and enjoying ourselves!

The get-together was on the smaller side as there aren’t too many of us in the area and unfortunately a few ladies had to cancel.

We first met up at Katy’s house in London and then walked to the cutest little greek restaurant for lunch!

This is the one group shot we got!



R-L Yours Truly! Katie of Harlow & Co. Katie’s sister Lisa, Karen of Nail Call, Elizabeth and Katy of Life and Polish, and Marta of ChitChat Nails!

The restaurant was adorable and we sat on the patio where everything was decorated as if it had just come right from Greece! The server kept trying to figure out why we were all together, so she asked us if we all went to school or if it was a baby shower. We finally let on that we are all bloggers and we are finally meeting face to face and she was all excited! She asked us what we blogged about, whether it was books? Or boys?! And when we looked at her and said nail polish the reaction was priceless! No she didn’t ask to see all our nails, or say oh that’s so interesting, she was utterly silent! not a peep came out of her! I’m not sure if she thought we were joking or not, but we had a pretty good laugh about it!

After lunch we walked back to Katy’s for a potluck dessert and some polish swapping. About a week before I had donated most all of my swappable polish to my sister so I wasn’t expecting to haul any polish from this event as I didn’t bring any to swap myself. These ladies were SO generous that they just kept saying “oh take it!” I think I might have ended up with the most out of the girls. Oops :D



Clearly you can see how much polish we ended up with on the table. It was so much fun just looking through all of them and seeing what everyone had brought!

I need to make a special note of the generosity of Katie from Harlow & Co. She brought us all Harlow & Co. t-shirts some amazing button bracelets, Picture Polish Demeter and a bunch of samples! I have already worn the awesome t-shirt yesterday and you saw Cult Nails Mazo that I used in my post this morning that I got from Katie as well ☺



Here’s an up close of the table and you can see some of the awesome button bracelets that Katie made for us!

Here is the Harlow & Co. t-shirt which you can now purchase here! It is the perfect t-shirt! I've shown it along with all the swag Katie gave us!


Polish L-R is Models Own Balearic Cool, Glitter Gal 24 Carat, Models Own Beach Party, Picture Polish Demeter and Glitter Gal Soft Transitions Violet!

I am almost embarrassed to post how much polish I actually ended up taking home, but here you go! I’m sorry I took all of your polish girls! I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got home and was admiring it all.



L-R Cult Nails Mazo, Cult Nails Baker, butter London Disco Biscuit, Color Club Gingerbread, Cult Nails Enigmatic, Sephora by OPI Metro Chic



L-R Essie Watermelon, Sephora by OPI Never Enough Shoes, China Glaze Cha Cha Cha, Daring Digits Girl's Night Out, Girly Bits Rouge, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Garnet Lapis

We unfortunately didn’t get a group nail pic, I’m really not sure how that happened! But all the ladies were sporting some beautiful nails! The nails I wore I’m actually going to be showing you tomorrow as Day 11 in the challenge! So sorry girls you’ll have to wait just under 12 hours to see what I wore on Sunday.

This event was absolutely amazing. The hospitality of Katy for letting us use her apartment, the absolute generosity of all the ladies and the fact that we could talk nail polish and no one thought we were nuts! (Except maybe the waitress! LOL)

I started this blog to have a record of the nail art that I was starting to do and to have a creative outlet from my very technical school/work life. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become friends with so many amazing people and get to meet them in person! All these ladies just accepted me for who I am and we had an amazing time. It felt like we had been friends forever, even though we were really just meeting. :)

I had an exceptional time and truly hope that we can do this again in the future!

Have you ever attended a blogger meet up? What did you think of it?

See you all tomorrow morning! <3

12 comments:

  1. Loved the meetup & so glad it worked out successfully! Hopefully we can organize another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this looks like so much fun! Good haulage too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, - it must have been soooo fun and amazing and awfully nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this looks so fun!!! I'm going to have to organize a meet-up for my area!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should for sure! It's awesome to be able to meet such awesome people!

      Delete
  5. It was so much fun! I m already excited for the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh you're so lucky!!! You guys all look so great!! I wish I could have been there with you all!!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...